Thursday 8 November 2007

ask yourself what is just and true...

I have hesitated to write this post, not because of the content of which I want to convey but rather my inability to articulate my thoughts. I want this write-up to be eloquent so that the essence of the message will be properly mirrored as per what resonates in my head. Alas, it has taken me too long and I have decided to make it as short and simple as I can and to write what comes from my heart.

I have read so much about everything and anything on the blogs as well as media dailies online about the March for Justice, the loss of three princesses, the VK Lingam fiasco, the UMNO
general assembly, the contradictory words and views of some and the continuous list of incidents in my beloved Malaysia.

It has made me ponder and I feel that this simple anak bangsa Malaysia post is the least that I can do to show my support to those marching on 10 November this Sabtu.

Before I continue, I would like to clarify that I am writing this as an anak bangsa Malaysia who is without any political inclinations but rather this post is a sincere shout out to all other anak bangsa Malaysia to walk for your nation, as one voice as one people.


I am not asking my fellow anak bangsa Malaysia to point fingers and resort to violence but rather to take a calm step forward by looking at the situation, to work hand in hand without the trappings of racial and social discrimination.

I am writing this post simply because I am anak bangsa Malaysia who thinks that it is time Malaysia goes through some change. Change will be slow in coming, if ever we were to see its face, should we continue to sit down and pretend to smile with empty souls devoid of ambition. Let us start the journey now.

I am simply asking my fellow anak bangsa Malaysia how can we continue with this charade when we know deep in our hearts that discontentment has long resided inside us.

I believe it is time that our Government at least take heed of what anak bangsa Malaysia have to say, to at least consider our opinion/s as the people who have entrusted them with our dreams as well as hope for a better nation.

I am anak bangsa Malaysia who believes in other anak bangsa Malaysia to uphold this goal of one nation and trusts them to continuously strive together in one direction and hold closest to their heart what they think is just and true.

I am merely one anak bangsa Malaysia who is asking all other anak bangsa Malaysia, is this really not the right thing to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.