Tuesday 25 September 2007

Silent resilience

On 26/9/2007, at 11.00 a.m., lawyers will march from the Palace of Justice to the PM’s office in Putrajaya to submit a memorandum to the cabinet calling for the setting up of a Royal Commission to investigate the rot that has set into the judiciary since 1988. All members of civil society, NGOs and NGIs are welcome to join the lawyers on the steps leading up to the Palace of Justice and to then proceed to the PM’s office.

5 buses have been chartered to ferry lawyers and those interested to join in the march from KL to Putrajaya. The buses will leave the Bar secretariat at 9.00 a.m. - People's Parliament.

I wish I was in Malaysia to walk with silent resilience in Putrajaya alongside the lawyers who want our judiciary system restored, alas I am but a million miles away.

I would like to urge all my friends who have always wanted this long overdue change, to walk the talk that we so often do. We have a chance to make a difference, lets take this first step together.


To those who will be participating in the Save the Judiciary march, I am with you in spirit and hope that this will be a new beginning for bangsa Malaysia.

No comments: