Tuesday 7 August 2007

Ab hinc - from here on...


It has been exactly three months and 15 days since I first arrived here in sunny England. The weather has been as temperamental as moi during my loopy emotional sessions a.k.a the much dreaded ‘time of the month’ hormonal circus better known as PMS. Can’t complain much though, we just had a very sunny weekend and I had a load of fun being trigger happy in front of the National Art Gallery at Trafalgar Square, with half a million other strangers. It was SO friggin HOT, plus the fact that I had to trek an additional two miles just because someone gave me the wrong directions! I went full circle to find out that it was just two metres away from where I initially took off. But on the other hand, I’ve found someone who is more clueless with directions than me, and I never thought that was possible!

Ashamedly, its taken me this long to actually do the whole tourist thing and take pictures of places I’ve been to and places I’m planning to visit, only because I’ve had to do a lot of other things and have had to keep myself sane. I’ve had to deal with moving into a completely different country, work environment, place to stay, new hangouts, new routines, all this minus my most precious assets – my family and friends. It has been hell at times, but eventful at most, and geez, if I live through this, I can most definitely live through most anything.

I have to admit, I am proud of myself. I have been able to buy myself a laptop, a car, a handphone, a digital camera and erm…a couple of pairs of shoes. Hah! All in three months, and without involving any plastic, except for my debit card, which basically deducts straight from my current account, so I don’t owe anyone, woohoo! Next on my list is an exercise machine and French classes. I’ve also learnt (and am continuing to learn) how to make banana cake, scones, fruit cake, pavlova and novelty cakes. Plus, I have to say that my cooking has gone up a notch as I’ve been slaving in front of the kitchen a lot lately. My poor uncle is my guinea pig. Poor man! Sometimes I drag his kids in as well. They’re all just too polite to admit if it tastes nasty. Well, they’re all alive and kicking, so it can’t be that bad…I guess.

All in all, it has been a great three months and I am quite determined that it continues to be as fantabulous come the next two years. It took me a great leap of faith and a truckful of guts, support from family and friends and belief in myself to make my way here. Thing is, I’m glad I made my dreams of travelling a reality, I know I’ll pause to recollect my thoughts every now and then, cast a weary backwards glance at times and continue to step cautiously towards the future, but I’m gonna enjoy every small thing that life has to give me and charge on with my renewed found passion, cos hey, breiviore saltare cum deformibus viris est vita!



5 comments:

FairyGodmother said...

Babycakes!!!! You managed to create an account with blogger!!! Then we can be more updated of eacj other! Babe, what ever it is...I just wanna say 1 thing:

BLOODY HELL, THOSE PINK SHOES ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockybru said...

Hey, I know you!

I am going to tell your pals, especially those at the Press Club, about this.

Syabas, Ija, and take care.

Why minx, eh?

malaysianminx said...

fairygodmother:

cantik kan? *hehehe*

yep, here's to a whole load more postings! miss u heaps!

Rocky:

minnie the minx, tapi i ubah skit..u take care as well. thanks for the comment

The Shadow said...

Hah! "Breiviore saltare cum deformibus viris est vita!" Good one!

"Meus Latin est aliquantulus rusty , sic commodo indulgeo si compages est shit. Usquam have fun , exsisto tutus , quod Yati reputo vestri shoes es valde , quoque!"

The Shadow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.